Swidget 1.0

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A little about me and my new life

Well, I'm not real good at this kind of stuff, but here goes nothing.

My name is Kacy. I'm 30 years old. I have a wonderful husband, Matt, and a beautiful daughter, Jayda. We live in Waterville, MN. I've been working towards the goal of having gastric bypass surgery since March 17, 2009. Today I got the date and time of my surgery. I will be at Methodist Hospital at 7:20am on June 4, 2010 and the surgery should start around 9:20am. As long as there are no complications, I should be home by June 7th. I am SO excited and SO nervous all at the same time. I know it's going to be a LOT of hard work. I know I will get frustrated, but I also know that the end result will be totally worth it. Right now I am 371 lbs and my ultimate goal is to be at 170 lbs which is what I was in high school. My surgeon told me yesterday that it isn't about the surgery, but more about the lifestyle changes and the end results.

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Kacy!!! You are going to do just wonderful with all of this, you are such a strong person!!! If anyone can do this, YOU CAN!!! I LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting Kacy! I can't wait to hear all about your journey and watch the pounds melt away!

    Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you Kacy. I know you will succeed at this journey and making the changes in your life to achieve your goal. You are an amazing woman, wife, and mother.

    ReplyDelete