Swidget 1.0

Monday, August 8, 2011

It's been a while...

I know it's been a little while, well a long while, since I posted anything. I've been super busy with RL. I also mentioned when I started that I wasn't good at this sort of thing. So many things going on. Jayda was doing swim lessons, soccer, gymnastics, and summer school all at the same time, but she's done with everything until mid September other than swim lessons. Jayda turned 5 on July 23rd. I can't believe I have a 5 year old!! Seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital giving birth.

Well, my weight loss completely stalled and is now fluctuating 5+/- the 100 lb weight loss mark. I haven't been able to exercise due to knee and foot issues, plus my chronic pain issues, until this week. We got mountain bikes and I have been trying to ride daily. We got them Monday. I rode Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and today. I missed Tuesday due to Dr appointments and PT and I missed Saturday due to Jayda's birthday party. Monday night I rode just over a mile, which isn't too bad for the 1st time being on a bike in 18 years! Tuesday while I was at appointments, Matt and Jayda went for a 9 mile ride. Wednesday we rode about 5.5 miles as a family. Thursday was 7 miles as a family. Friday was only about 6 miles. Today was a whopping 17 miles!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a paved biking/walking trail near our apartment called Sakatah Singing Hills Trail. It runs 39 miles from Faribault to Mankato. I rode alone today and went the 6.75 miles from home in Waterville to Elysian and back. Jayda and I rode about 3.5 miles in 2 different trips before my trail ride. She wanted to go on the trail, but she was SO WHINY!!! It was nice to go alone because I didn't have to stop constantly for Jayda. She loves to ride and can go a great distance, but she stops often, if only for a few seconds. I ordered myself an MP3 player tonight. This will make my alone rides more enjoyable and will help me think less about the pain in my butt from the seat and more about the music. Time will go by quicker I think.

I guess that's all for now. I will try and post more often now that I am exercising again. I want to hold myself accountable for exercising and eating right. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment